Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bancroft

My Neighborhood Report Card
By: Yovanie
My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Bancroft
My Neighborhood Description: It’s in south Minneapolis, just South of Powderhorn Park , and it’s a very fun and friendly neighborhood. Everyone is nice to everybody and gets along great!

1. Public Services (parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: A
Comments: There is Bancroft Elementary School, Sibley Park, and East Lake Library. I think that my neighborhood has everything that is needed so that’s why I gave it an A for the grade on public services.

2. Transportation: (access to bike routes, bus and train, main streets, and highways)
Grade: A
Comments: My neighborhood has many bike routes such as, Cedar Lake Trail and Minnehaha Trail, we also have many buses and trains such as, Metro Transit and United Transportation so that’s why I gave it an A for the grade on transportation.

3. Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade: A
Comments: My neighborhood has many retail services such as Cub Foods, Rainbow, Target, Fairview Pharmacy, Walgreens Pharmacy, Peace Coffee, Caribou Coffee, Frank’s Auto & Video, Us Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Re-use Hardware Center, Hudson Hardware, Chatterbox Pub and many more so that’s why I gave it an A for a grade on Retail Services.

4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: C
Comments: My neighborhood has 2 Rapes and 3 Aggravated Assaults that’s why I gave my neighborhood a C for Safety. I would never think that my neighborhood had any crime but when I looked it up that’s when I found out that we had Rapes & Aggravated Assaults in my neighborhood. That’s not good so we should try to prevent that.

5. Nuisances (airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade: B
Comments: My neighborhood doesn’t have a lot of airport noise, pollution, and odors but it has sometimes it has a little because once in a while a plane goes by or you find some trash on the ground and you could find some weird smells but that only happened maybe once every month, so that’s why I gave my neighborhood a B for the grade on Nuisances.

6. Demographics (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: B
Comments: My neighborhood is good in educational way’s, I think my neighborhood has good income and poverty also because we have enough money to do things in our neighborhood that’s why I gave my neighborhood a B for a grade on Demographics.

7. Areas for Improvement: My neighborhood can be improved if there was less crime.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood: What I like best about my neighborhood are the people in it.

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood: What I would most like to see in my neighborhood is less crime and more community work with having everyone work together on how to prevent crimes and make our neighborhood safe so it can have no crimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment