Thursday, October 15, 2009

Folwell

My Neighborhood Report Card
By Bao

My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Folwell

My Neighborhood Description: It is located on 36th Humbolt Ave North 55412.

1. Public Services: Folwell the park, North Regional Library, and Jordon Park the school is near my neighborhood.
Grade: I give my neighborhood an A- because it has lots of resources.
Comments: Lots of good resources.

2. Transportation (There is a bike route that runs on 26th to Theodore Wirth Park, there is a bike route that runs from Washington to Downtown , bus 5M runs down on Fremont to Downtown to the Mall of America and, main streets, and highways)
Grade: B+ because you can go everywhere but it will take a long time to get to the places you need to go.
Comments: I gave it a B+ because the buses and trains are very far from each other.

3. Retail Services: We have all these groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, and restaurants but they are very far away from me.
Grade: B+
Comments: Maybe if they weren’t so far away it’d would a have a better grade.

4. Safety: I think that my neighborhood is pretty violent because there has been a lot of crime and but lately there hasn’t been much violent that has happened, lots of shots fired, not a lot of offenders, it is kind of.
Grade: I would give it a C because there is lots of violence.
Comments: I arrived with this grade because there are a lot of things that happen in my neighborhood that not a lot of people know about.

5. Nuisances: NO airplane noises, lots of pollution, and lots I think of odor.
Grade: C because there is way too much pollution.
Comments: Way too much pollution.

6. Demographics: My neighborhood is more diverse than Kenny’s neighborhood and Jordan’s. We have the most ownership. I think Kenny has more educated people/ neighborhood.
Grade: C
Comments: Kenny is better.

7. Areas for Improvement: I think that my neighborhood needs a lot of improvement because people litter a lot and that there shouldn’t be much violence.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood: What I like best about my neighborhood is that I can go where ever I want without anybody knowing where I go because they don’t go there often with me.

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood: I like it when my neighborhood is quiet and not so much going on and I like it when there isn’t a lot of people outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment