Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hiawatha

My Neighborhood Report Card
By Jasmine

My Neighborhood Name: Hiawatha

My Neighborhood Description: It was named after Hiawatha school. 1/3 of the neighborhoods are open land. It is part of the Longfellow community.

1. Public Services (parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: A
Comments: Because it has these things, and there is more than one.

2. Transportation (access to bike routes, bus and train, main streets, and highways)
Grade: A-
Comments: Because we have really good transportation but not a lot of bike routes.

3. Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade: A+
Comments: We got everything! And more!

4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: B
Comments: We don’t really have any crime but though we do have some accidents and crimes.

5. Nuisances (airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade: A
Comments: Planes don’t bother us, and we can’t hear them intensely. They’re there but not so bad that we cannot stand it.

6. Demographics (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: B-
Comments: We have a lot of white people, and not as many non-white people. A lot of people own houses, and most are smart, and not a lot of us are below poverty level.

7. Areas for Improvement: More neighborhood events. Like BBQ’s or random events would make my neighborhood WAY more interesting because it is kind of boring.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood: Hiawatha is very all its own. It’s not like other neighborhoods. It keeps to itself really and I so like that. But it still could use more to do.

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood: I’d like to see it grow and become an awesome neighborhood that everyone would want to live. Somewhere where everyone is doing something for the community and it’s never boring. I want to see it grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment