Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lyndale

My Neighborhood Report Card

By Elia


My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Lyndale

My Neighborhood Description: It’s by Lake St and 35 W, Stevens Ave and 36Th, on the west Lyndale. It was named after Josiah Lyndon colonial governor of Rohde Island in 1768-1769.

1. Public Services (parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: A

Comments: I give my neighborhood an A because it has different libraries, schools, and parks there’s a variation of places you can go. There’s more than one of each place in my neighborhood.

2. Transportation (bus routes, train rails, bicycle trails)
Grade: B

Comments: there’s few train lines the Hiawatha line, Newman line, and 38th street. Not a lot of bicycle trails, Minnehaha Ave, Hiawatha Ave, and the Greenway. Different bus routes pass by my neighborhood, like 18,5,and 23

3. Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade: A

Comments: There are a lot of groceries stores and restaurants like Rainbow’s Chinese, Taco Bell, I gave my neighborhood an A because businesses are all around my neighborhood.

4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: B

Comments: There’s not a lot of violence in my neighborhood but there are some robberies and domestic aggravated and some aggravated assaults.

5. Nuisances (airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade: C

Comments: Airport noise isn’t a problem but air pollution is there’s hazardous waste all around my neighborhood.

6. Demographics (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: A

Comments: There’s about an equal amount of white and non-white in my neighborhood and educated people poverty is in the middle of the other 2 neighborhoods. Poverty is about 16% in my neighborhood.

7. Areas for Improvement: The neighbors don’t really communicate they don’t even talk to each other. Yes my neighborhood is quiet but I don’t see my neighbors getting alone they don’t dislike each other but they don’t like each other either. We need more neighborhood events.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood: What I really like about my neighborhood is that it’s quiet not like some other neighborhoods. The neighbors also mind their own business, but they need to interact more.

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood: I really want my neighborhood to put more stop signs because some cars don’t stop and you have to wait a long time to cross a little street, For example Nicollet & 34th, 33rd & 1st Ave, and lake St & Stevens Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment