Thursday, October 15, 2009

Phillips

My Neighborhood Report Card
By: Jenny

My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Phillips

My Neighborhood Description: My neighborhood is in south Minneapolis near Chicago and Lake. It’s Really like any other neighborhoods.

1. Public Services (parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: B
Comments: I Gave my neighborhood a B because on the parks , Libraries and schools down the street there’s a school named Anderson and a park named Stewart. A Library is 5 blocks away from my house.

2. Transportation (access to bike routes, bus and train, main streets, and highways)
Grade: B
Comments: I’m giving my neighborhood a B on transportation because you can catch a bus like 5e to the mall. Nearby there’s and also the train you can get on.

3. Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade: C
Comments: I gave It a c because there’s not any pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants that I know of. But there’s a grocery store you can go to.

4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: B
Comments: It’s Between a B and a C because once in a while we have problems in the neighborhood like sometimes been to loud.

5. Nuisances (airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade: B
Comments: It’s a B because there’s no airport noise or odors. We do have a little bit of pollution.

6. Demographics (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: C
Comments: It’s a C because there’s a diversity of people in the neighborhood some people have low incomes.

7. Areas for Improvement: My neighborhood can be improve by people cleaning after themselves and there dogs.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood: What I Like about my neighborhood is that there’s a diversity of different people

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood: I would like to see my neighborhood improve cleaning after themselves.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++


My Neighborhood Report Card
by John

My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Phillips

1. Public Services(parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: B
Comments: We have Phillips Park, Franklin Library, and Andersen Community School. I gave this a B, because the neighborhood has all of the things close to my neighborhood.

2.Transportation (access to bike routes, bus, and train, main streets and highways).
Grade:A
Comments: We have bus routes 21,53,39,5 and the light rail, and bike trail on the Greenway trail.

3.Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, cofee shops, banks, restaurants, and more)
Comments:A.G Market, Allina Community Pharmacy, Far out films, and Ace Hardware.Told two of the small business, the one that is close to Allina Hospital, and one that is near our neighborhood. I think it's the best to have service in my neighborhood.

4.Safety:(violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired,predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: B
Comments: There is more burglary and some others crimes like sex offender, but also there is other kind of crimes which isn't actually really serious.

5.Nuisances:(airport noises, pollution, and odors
Grade:B
Comments: I didn't have the airplane noise information I had discussed about the other disturbed noises, the helicopter noises. The helicopter hovers to other places when there is an emergency it';ll fly to another place but mostly it happens during the night. For the air quality there is pollution caused by the burning of fossil fuels. Which cause the air to smell so bad and contaminate the air.

6. Demographics: (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: A
Comments: There are about five percent of people in my neighborhood who live under poverty, around twenty percent who has education, and more whites than colored people, like about ninety percent.

7. Areas for Improvement: By reducing the crime of burglary, so to make that happen we need watchful neighbors and if all pitch in we can make this a better and safe place.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood:
I like how close every retail and public service are so close to my neighborhood or near, I think there is about 9 of them close to my neighborhood.

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood:
I want less pollution in the air and the odor of the air, because everyone wants to breathe in a clean air.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++


My Neighborhood Report Card
By: Glory


My Neighborhood Data:
http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html
My Neighborhood Name: Phillips


My Neighborhood Description: My neighborhood boundaries are Hiawatha Ave. Lake Street Interstate 35w and 18th Street South Minneapolis.


1. Public Services
(parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: B

Comments:
I said the grade was a B because the parks are not that fun and they are mainly made for little kids. The library is okay and it has a lot of computers so I like the library. The schools in my neighborhood are boring and I don’t like them. The schools in my neighborhood are Trinity First Lutheran School, Anderson and South High School.


2. Transportation
(access to bike routes, bus and train, main streets, and highways)
Grade: A

Comment:
The reason why I gave my neighborhood an A is because the bus stop is right in front of my house. The train station is about three blocks away, there are the main street Franklin Ave. South. 11th Ave. Route The Franklin Stop on the train.


3. Retail Services
(groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade:
D
Comments:
I give my neighborhood a D because the grocery store is Aldis and I don’t really like that store. In my neighborhood we have Snyder’s and I don’t really go there, and we have no banks and no restaurants and I don’t drink coffee so it doesn't really matter about that.


4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)

Grade: F

Comments:
My neighborhood is gets an F in this category because my neighborhood has a lot of violence and it is not really safe. If you don’t know the neighborhood it is not really safe. The pedestrian safety is not very good and it is really not the safest place to walk across the street.


5. Nuisances
(airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade:
B
Comments:
There is no airplane noise in my neighborhood; there is not really a lot of airplane noise. The pollution in my neighborhood is hazardous waste, investigation & cleanup and multiple activities. I don’t think there are any bad odors in my neighborhood.


6. Demographics
(diversity, home ownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: C

Comments:
I gave my neighborhood a C because there are not a lot of people that own their own houses. I think the reason why is because the conditions the houses are in and the way the things look around it. Also not a lot of people have a god education. It compares to my neighborhood because some neighborhoods have a majority of people who have a good education compared to mine.


7. Areas for Improvement:
I think some of the areas that could use improvement are the streets because they have a lot of cracks and they have a lot of pot holes. That is the only thing I think could use improvement. The crime in my neighborhood is mainly theft.


8. What I like best about my neighborhood:
The thing I like best about my neighborhood is the way it is set up. The stores are like just the right blocks away for me to walk there. The other thing in my neighborhood that I like is the things that are for my age group like all around and I don’t have to walk to miles to get anywhere. Also, the bus stop is right in front of my house.


9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood:

I really do want new basketball courts. The courts that are there now are really messed up. The other thing that I would like to see in my neighborhood is tennis courts. I want tennis courts that are made up of clay. I just don’t want to play on concrete.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Neighborhood Report Card
By: Luis

My Neighborhood Data:
http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Phillips

My Neighborhood Description: My neighborhood starts in Lake Street, Hiawatha Ave and ends in Franklin Ave next to 35w highway in South Minneapolis.

1. Public Services (parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: A
Comments: I gave an A because Anderson Open , Morrison Park and Franklin Library are close to my house.

2. Transportation (access to bike routes, bus and train, main streets, and highways)
Grade: A
Comments: I gave an A because Midtown Bike Trail is close to my neighborhood and my house and Lake Street and 35w and 94 highways are next to my house.

3. Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade: C
Comments: I gave a C because there isn’t a Pharmacy , Bank , a Coffee shop in my neighborhood.

4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: D
Comments: I gave a D because there are lots of predatory offenders and alots of shootings.

5. Nuisances (airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade: A
Comments: I gave an A because there isn’t an airport near my neighborhood and we don’t have pollution problems and also there is no odor problems too.

6. Demographics (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: A
Comments: I gave an A because almost all people in my neighborhood own a house and have an education.

7. Areas for Improvement:
I like my neighborhood how it is but, I would like to have a pharmacy close to my neighborhood and more restaurants.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood:
What I like best in my neighborhood is that we have Kix Field and Midtown Bike Trail close.

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood:
I would like to see highways a little bit far from my neighborhood because they are to noise and sometimes it doesn’t let us sleep .I would like to have more police men in my neighborhood so they can stop the shootings and we can be more safe.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Neighborhood Report Card
By: Francois.

My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: East Phillips

My Neighborhood Description: I like were I live at it’s a lot of things to do in it and you want never be board.

1. Public Services (parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: B
Comments: because we have a lot of parks by my house but its not the safest parks people fights a lot there and there is a lot of bad things that go on there.

2. Transportation (access to bike routes, bus and train, main streets, and highways)
Grade: A
Comment: Because we have all the buses over there well the main buses and they are easy to get to the 14 come right in front of my house.

3. Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade: B
Comments: Because we have a store that every one goes to and they get most of their food from and that’s how I got that grade.

4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: D
Comments: the reason I picked this gread is because we have a lot of things that happen where I live shots fired and that’s were a lot of bad things happen at you find drugs by my house ever thing.

5. Nuisances (airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade: A
Comments: I give myself a because I never her no airport at all I never have to close the windows at all its all good but I do got pollution that’s cause no one cares were they throw their trash.

6. Demographics (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: C
Comments: I picked this because there are not a lot of people that own houses where I live they really don’t own nothing most people are just renting there house.

7. Areas for Improvement:The places that can be improved are that there isn’t that much crime we don’t need that in our neighborhood. That would make it better.

8. What I like best about my neighborhood:That there is a lot of things to do ,and there is a lot of ways to get around that’s the best thing ,and you won’t never be board at all it would be the best if there was no crime.

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood:That it was more stores to g to and more basketball courts to play on. The best thing would be to have fun there all the time.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++



My Neighborhood Report Card
By: Jaleel
My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Phillips

My Neighborhood Description: South Minneapolis

1. Public Services (parks, libraries, schools)
Grade: A
Comments: I gave this an A because I like all the parks and libraries and schools in my neighborhood

2. Transportation (access to bike routes, bus and train, main streets, and highways)
Grade: B
Comments: the bike routes are good because it not crowded at all and the street way and train is most of the time is crowded but the bus is really crowded because a lot of people have no cars so they catch the bus

3. Retail Services (groceries, pharmacies, coffee shops, banks, restaurants and more)
Grade: B
Comments: the reason I gave this one a B is because there are no groceries stores around we have to go out far to go to the grocery store like cubs and there are two hospitals that are really close to us is abbott and childrens hospital there are not that many coffe shops around there is about two reasturant around are neighborhood

4. Safety (violent and nonviolent crime, shots fired, predatory offenders, and pedestrian safety)
Grade: C
Comments: this one is a C because we have a lot of crime in are neighborhood and to much of it I don’t like it because of what if it happens to us

5. Nuisances (airport noise, pollution, and odors)
Grade: B

Comments: I gave this an A because that we don’t here as much noise from air planes and we don’t have a airport close to are neighborhood and we have a lot of pollution because we have a business building by us wells fargo and a lot of pets

6. Demographics (diversity, homeownership, education, income, and poverty)
Grade: B

Comments: I gave this one a B because to many people around my neighborhood don’t own houses and they live in rented apartments

7. Areas for Improvement: the areas that I think needs improvement is Lake Street

8. What I like best about my neighborhood: I like the people because no one is mean and its cool and quiet with friends

9. What I’d Most Like to See for My Neighborhood: Improved housing and streets


No comments:

Post a Comment