Thursday, October 15, 2009

Seward

My Neighborhood Report Card

By Maryan


My Neighborhood Data: http://roosevelt.mpls.k12.mn.us/2009_Neighborhoods.html

My Neighborhood Name: Seward


My Neighborhood Description: It’s a friendly environment and my neighborhood is located near Pizza Luccie and lots of parks like Seward triangle and the Seward Coop Grocery.

1) The public parks, libraries and schools in my neighborhood I would give a B- because the people in my Community clean up after themselves and the schools are very educational and the libraries are very calm and you could get all your work done there.

2) The Public transportation in my area I would give an A+ to because they have all kinds of buses going downtown if you wanted. Also the Franklin Light Rail that goes either ways to Downtown or all the way to the Mall of America.

3) I would give the Groceries in my neighborhood a B- because there are Grocery stores in my neighborhood but they’re far apart. There is a Wells Fargo in my neighborhood if you need a bank. We have the Snyder Pharmacy and Maria’s Coffee Shop near Each other as well.

4) Safety in my neighborhood I would give a C+ because my neighborhood is just violent towards stealing there was a few cell phones and car keys and cars stolen in my neighborhood.

5) Nuisances in my neighborhood I would give a B+ there not as much Airport Noises but there is a little odor when there under streets are under construction.

6) The income in my neighborhood I would give a A+ because they get allot of money from the government for some reason and Seward gets about 30-40 thousand a year.

7) Areas for improvements I would say would be Franklin Ave. because that road is broken apart and damaged and is a bit small for cars passing by. My Neighborhood would also be improved if there more Cops around because sometimes there are a lot of violent crimes around.

8) What I like best about my neighborhood is the transportation, like if I needed to go to school I could ride the train. I love the public transportation.

9) I would like to see mostly more parades and celebrations in my neighborhood maybe a neighborhood gathering.

1 comment:

  1. Other gathering places in the Seward neighborhood include Blue Moon Cafe and The Seward Cafe on Franklin. Birchwood Cafe on 25th Street is also very tasty and features mainly local food. I also love the Crown Video: Movies and Tanning. It's been there for 19 years, its family run, and there are a lot of discounts as member.

    ReplyDelete